Friday 3 May 2013

Wise Advice from my Grandmother :*)

My grandmother passed away almost 10 years ago but I always remember her telling me one thing. I use to get injured a bit as a kid and she would always tell me to just say out loud 'It doesn't hurt. It doesn't hurt' as many times as I could. I believed her and thus I always used the method and sure enough, my physical pains would dissipate. I never knew why or how it worked but it worked for me as a kid. Now that I am older, I realize what she was trying to get me to do was to 'shift' to another perspective or view of the pain. When you alter your thoughts to respond differently to a situation that you normally respond by, you alter your the reaction that you get from it. For example, when I hurt my finger, I would say 'it doesn't hurt, it doesn't hurt' and sure enough I have reacted differently than what I reacted before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and I will do my best to answer your questions! I welcome any constructive feedback and positivity. Love to you! :)